Friday, January 29, 2010

Tick, Tick, Tick...

The clock is ticking, and the rain is falling... 
Chris Pederson worked all day with me and we made excellent progress on the upper section of old Hybrid Teas and Floribundas. These are the decade beds which run from the 1930s through the 1960s.
We pruned and trained a climber, which brings up an issue that I must address. How to prune climbers. Our poll indicates that many of you find this to be the most challenging group to prune.

I've also had several requests to discuss which roses need to be pruned first. And, some specifics, like when do you prune the Tea Roses?  I will set myself on a straight path for the next week to try to talk about these specific questions and a few others. Just let me get in gear, finish my work for Rosa Mundi (Journal of the Heritage Rose Foundation), and complete an article that is several days overdue for the Heritage Roses Group in England. Keep checking; I'll have things to say over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment